A Voyage to Cochinchina in the years 1792 & 1793; containing General View of the Valuable Productions and the Political Importance of this Flourishing Kingdom; and also of such European Settlements as were visited on the Voyage...
- London: T. Caddell & W. Davies, 1806.
- Borba de Moraes p.88, Bobins 280, Abbey Travel 514, Cordier 2424, Mendelssohn I, p.43.
- 19 + 2
Full contemporary tan calf with gilt in rule to boards, blind raised bands, gilt to spine, red edges, marble endpapers. Spine rubbed and worn, corners bumped. 19 coloured plates and two folding charts. The aquatinting in this work is excellent.
Coloured plates in order:
2. Chamber of Skulls in the Franciscan Convent.
3. View of Santa Cruz.
4. Porto Praya in the Island of St. Jago.
5. Arcos de Carioco, or Grand Aquaduct in Rio de Janeiro.
6. View of the land round the harbour of Rio de Janeiro (double page).
7. Sketch of the Town and Harbour of Rio de Janeiro (double page).
8. Javanese and wounded Shark.
9. Tomb of Colonel Cathcart in the Fort of Anjorie.
10. The Calvinistic Church in Batavia.
11. The Mangoostan.
12. The Rambootan a fruit of the Poolasang.
13. Cochin Chinese Soldier.
14. Scene in a Cochin Chinese Opera.
15. A Group of Cochin Chinese.
16. Cochin Chinese Shipping on the River Taifo.
17. An Offering of First-fruits to the God Fo.
18. [Map] A chart of the Southern Extremity of Africa (folding).
19. An African Woman.
20. Booshuana Village.
21. Bushooana Man & Woman.