Blunt’s Six View in Shrewsbury.
- N.p., n.d. [ca.1838].
- Not in Abbey or Tooley; Bobins 834.
Folio. (17 3/8 x 15 inches) modern half calf by Aquarius over marbled boards; red title label to spine; gilt; speckled edges; Plates finger soiled. 6 hand-coloured lithograph plates signed, dated and captioned in the plate; original printed upper wrapper as title. Blunt was a noted Shrewsbury artist whose nephew was a friend of Samuel Butler and an associate of Charles Darwin.
Coloured plates in order:
1. Pride Hill. Shrewsbury.
2. Ireland's Mansion. High Street.
3. Double Butcher Row. Shrewsbury.
4. Mardol. Shrewsbury.
5. The Abbey, Shrewsbury. North Porch.
6. The English Bridge. Shrewsbury.