ORME, Edward (pub).
Collection of Portraits of the Savage Tribes inhabiting the Boundaries of the Colony of the cape of Good Hope, taken from Life in 1812....
- London: Edward Orme, printed at McQueen & Co's., Lithog. Press, 1822.
- Mendelssohn II, p.271; Bobins 107.
Folio, lithographed title, 6 of 8 lithographed portraits, 2 aquatint plates and 4 lithographs, all mounted on card, loose, with title sheet trimmed. New half green morocco solander box with matching title label to upper cover, lettered in gilt to spine. Orme was, after Rudolph Ackermann, the most important publisher of illustrated books during the short 'golden age' of the coloured aquatint. A very rare work indeed.
Coloured plates in order:
1. A Kaffer Chief. *Litho
2. Hottentot Girl. *Litho
3. A Young Hottentot. *Litho
4. A Bosheman *Litho (Damaged and repaired).
5. A Young Bosheman. Aquatint*
6. Hottentot Woman. Aquatint*