Four Views of Cape Town, Cape of Good Hope, Drawn from Nature…and Lithographed by Day and Haghe.
- Cape Town: J.E. Collard, .
- ASIB & Bowler Biography, p. 260. Bobins 80
Folio, 4 hand coloured lithographed plates, original printed wrappers, housed in burgundy morocco backed black cloth box with gilt title label to front cover, gilt to spine.“Bowler was a landscape painter. He was appointed assistant astronomer under Sir T. Maclear at the Cape. After four years he resigned and established himself as artist and teacher of drawing. It is recorded in the DNB that his lithographs were in the style of Harding and showed facility in handling the chalk and some power of composition.
Coloured plates in order:
1. Cape Town, on the Beach near the Military Hospital.
2. Table Bay - Cape of Good Hope.
3. Cape Town, near the Amsterdam Battery.
4. Cape Town, from Tamboer's Kloof, Lion's Hill.