Relics of Ancient Architecture and other Picturesque Scenes in Glasgow.
- Glasgow: Miller amd Buchanan, 1849.
- Abbey Scenery 502; Bobins supplementary list 08/14.
Folio, half contemporary calf over olive linen boards, gilt title panel and lettering to upper board. Boards and hinges have been professionally repaired, marbled endpapers. 20 lithographed plates.
Rebinding and restoration work on this book was carried out by Ron Norman of Hartlepool (Ronnorn@aol.com)
Coloured plates not in order:
1. Title page.
2. Doorway in Crypt, Glasgow Cathedral.
3. Avenue in the Green.
4. Old Wooden House in Close Saltmarket.
5. Court of an old Mansion house, Main Street, Gorbals.
6. In Stockwell Street.
8. Castle Street Cathedral & Square Tower, now removed.
9. Ladywell Street & Cathedral.
10. The Duke's Lodge, Drygate.
11. Laigh Kirk Close.
12. Washing House, Glasgow Green.
13. Old Bridge, Stockwell Street.
14. Old Tombs, High Church Yard.
15. Front Gate, Glasgow College.
16. Outer Court, Glasgow College.
17. Old Baronial Hall, Front View Main Street, Gorbals.
18. Old Baronial Hall, Gorbals, back view.
19. The Fiddlers Close High Street, looking up.
20. Fidler's Close, looking down.
21. Old Town's Hospital & Residence of Robert Dreghorn Esq.