ALBANIS-BEAUMONT, Jean Francois.
Travels through the Maritime Alps from Italy to Lyons across the Col de Tende...
- London: T. Bensley, 1795.
- Abbey Travel 51 & 52/Prideaux p. 327; Cox p. 164; Bobins 509.
Folio, title; dedication, 1ll.; contents, 1ll.; text on pp. 1-127; p. 128 blank index of plates of, 1l.; 4 maps and plans, 1 folding, and plates signed “A.B. del. and Apostool sculp.” on 18 hand coloured plates, of which 19 etched, the rest aquatints; contemporary green morocco boards with gilt to boards, spine decorated with gilt motif compartments, lettering and raided bands in gilt, marbled endpapers. All edges gilt together with lovely inner dentelles in gilt. Lower board with some damp staining. Book plates of 'Norman R. Bobins' & 'T. Thornhill' to front pastedown. A good copy.
Coloured plates in order:
Topographical and Historical Descriptions. [with] Travels through the Maritime Alps.
[Title page vignette.]
1. [Map] Chart of the places connected with the route from Coni in Piedmont to Lyons in France...
2. The City of Coni.
3. Eastern view of the Col de Tende.
4. Southern view of the Col de Tende.
5. Valley of Tende.
6. Village of Fontan.
7. Defile of Saorgio.
8. Town and Fortress of Saorgio.
9. Col de Brous, or Brovis.
10. Col de Braus.
11. Northern view of the Grotto and Cascade of the Valley of St. Andrea.
12. Valley of St. Pons.
13 .Cimies, or Cemenelion.
14. Nice and its Environs.
15. Plan of Nice.
16. Bay of Villa Franca. (some damage to plate)
17. Trophaeum Augusti.
18. Plan of the Coast and Harbour of Monaco.
20. Plan of the Coast and Harbour of Vintimiglia.
21. Vintimiglia. (some plate damage)
22. Temple de Joves.