The History and Description with Graphic Illustrations of Cassiobury Park, Hertfordshire, the Seat of the Earl of Essex.
- London: Chiswick Press for the Author, 1837.
- Abbey Scenery 412; T.E. Jones, 'The Literary Works of John Britton' 1850, part 2, p.103; Bobins supplementary list 08/14.
Large folio, 2 x uncoloured mezzotint portraits, title page, dedication, contents page, subscribers page, preface, MS signature dated May 16th, 1907 to title page. Original half burgundy morocco over brown moire cloth, gilt to boards and spine. 18 of 19 hand coloured aquatint plates mounted on card; 9 wood engraved illustrations in text.
Coloured plates in order:
1. Plan and Views of the old House.
2. West Front of the old House (since pulled down).
3. View of the present House from the N.W.
4. View from the S.W.
5. View at the S.W. Angle.
6. [Missing plate] View of the East Front.
7. Part of the Offices.
8. View at N.E. Angle.
9. Distant View of the House from the West.
10. Interior View of the Great Cloister.
11. Interior View of the Great Library.
12. Portrait of Algernon Percy, 10th Earl of Northumberland.
13. View of the Swiss Cottage.
14. Plan and Elevations of the Swiss Cottage.
15. View of the Keeper's Lodge, or Shepherd's Cottage / View of the Navigation Bridge.
16. View of an Oak and an Elm in the Park.
17. View of two Firs in the Park.
18. Two Views in the Flower Garden.
19. Interior View of Monumental Chapel in Watford Church.