ALLEN, Mrs [G.L.].
The Views and Flowers of Guzerat and Rajpootana.
- London: Paul Jerrard and Son, .
- Theakstone p.2; Not in Nissen or Abbey.
Large octavo (10.5 x 7 inches), publisher's green cloth, lettered and tooled in gilt, coloured endpapers, all edges gilt. Boards rubbed and spine 'pulled'. Hinges weak. 12 hand coloured lithographs - 6 botanicals and 6 views, lithograph floral frontispiece. Publisher's advertisement in gilt at rear.
Coloured plates in order:
1. Coloured Floral Frontispiece.
2. The Nukki Talao, or Nail Tank.
3. The Banhinia, or Mountain Ebony.
4. Sir Henry Lawrence's School.
5. The Karbee. Wild Flower.
6. Burial Ground, Aboo.
7. The Wild Elephant Creeper and Yellow Hibiscus.
8. Church & Schools [Aboo].
9. The Jungle Tree, Torri, and Iron Tree.
10. The Tank at Sercaze.
11. The Jungle Tree, Seymal, and Wild Pomegranate.
12. The Shah Baugh, or Royal Garden.
13. The Ink Tree & the Stramonium.