IRWIN, Lieut. J.F.
Views in Southern Afghanistan.
- London: Smith Elder, Standidge & Co., Vincent Brooks, Day & Son, .
- Not in Abbey or Tooley; Bobins 257.
Small folio, 8 hand coloured lithographic plates by Bedford after Irwin, loose and without title of text, together with a loose, uncoloured folding map of Caubul and its environs and a loose news clipping 'Map of he British Position, Cabul' from the Daily Telegraph, dated: Sat, Dec 20th, 1879. In original maroon cloth folder with gilt, lettered direct and black cloth ties. With 'Norman R. Bobins' bookplate.
Coloured plates in order:
1. The Gwajur Pass.
2. Cantonments, Candahar.
3. Kelat-I-Ghilzai (Inside Main Gate.)
4. The Bolan Pass.
5. Kelat-I-Ghilzai Fort.
6. Arghandar Valley (looking south.)
7. City and Cantonments, Candahar.
8. Old Candahar.